Wednesday, April 12, 2006

California Dreamin'

Hello blog fans. :-) just kidding. Well I am writing from my Dad's computer is sunny southern California. We are on vacation- spring break. We only have one full day left and we head home early friday morning. We drove!

So, I figured I would post the first part of our trip now- so it is fresher in my mind. This computer is slower than mine so I hope all this typing will catch up- as I am now typing but the words are not caught up to what I am typing, now they are. Well almost there is a dealy. As if anyone reading this really cares. It is just funny to be typing and have the words appear at a delay.

Alright. So anyhow. We left for California on Saturday the 8th at 2AM. We had everything packed the night before and let the kids stay up as late as they wanted to on friday- they did both end up falling asleep on the couch. I planned to go to bed at 8pm but it was closer to 10pm or even a little after when I actually laid down. I set the alarm for 1:30AM and was still very tired when I had to wake up, but woke up pretty quickly. We got the kids in the car and headed out. Stopped to fill the gas tank, get some coffee and make a deposit at the bank. And then it was on the road. The kids were awake for awhile, Casey started out driving. Don't remember too much in detail until Ashland- which was 7 1/2 hours driving time from our starting point. I think we got there around 10ish- had breakfast at this little cafe I love-let the kids play in the park, Casey took them and I went to some of the little shops. I got Ava a pair of Robeez shoes- they are pricy baby shoes, but actually stay on her feet and have an excellent ebay resale value, plus by buying them in Oregon I did not have to pay sales tax.

We left Ashalnd a little after noon. Dalton was not feeling good. He seems to get car sick. I broke one of my rules and let him sit up front for about an hour- I was driving at this point. He was sitting in his booster seat, with the seat all the way back and the airbags off. Anyhow- the plan was to drive to Sacramento and stop for a hotel, but we ended up driving through the city of Sacramento because I did not really know where to get off (there were several bathroom stops between Ashland and this point)- so we went past Sacramento and ended up stopping and staying in Stockton California. Not the nicest neighborhood but we were exhausted at this point which was about 7pm- so we had been traveling at this point for 15 hours. We got our hotel, not the greatest, supposed to be non-smoking and reeked of smoke, icky. THen I went and got dinner- Carl's Junior- which is yummy and we don't have in Washington. Then went to bed. Woke up in the Am and were back on the road by 8:30Am. We arrived at my Dad's around 2ish or somthing like that.

My dad and Bren were not home, but we knew that they were going to be out. We let ourselves in. Dalton was not feeling good, ended up having a fevor and sore throat. Poor little guy. Plus he was very tired. Kaitlyn was of course anxious that she was going to get sick, but thank God she has not gotten sick. Kaitlyn ended up going out with her "Auntie Deborah"- and my brother Dan came over and we had dinner at baja fresh- another good restaraunt we don't have in Wa.

Monday- we went to the L.A. Zoo- it was really nice, the weather was cool but not too cold which, is perfect zoo weather. We got lots of great pictures, which, I will post some later. Tuesday was Disneyland. We left the house at 6:30ish- my friend Debbie "the greatest" picked us up- us is me and Dalton and Kaitlyn and Uncle Dan (my brother)- and it was Debbie and her two kids. It was fun but we hardly wen't on any rides, the lines were long, plus the girls wanted to get all the princesses pictures, and Kaitlyn got another authograph book and got their signatures. We did go on Space Mountain- me and Dan took Dalton and Kaitlyn- Dalton had a blast and Kaitlyn was scared. We got the coolest picture of her and Dan coming down the last part of the ride that they take and then charge you a fortune for. I did not buy the one of me and Dalton because it was not that great, but the one of Kaitlyn and Dan is classic so Dan bought one and I scanned it. I will post it here for you to see. We got home from Disneyland around 7pm. My feet and back were killing me.

Today- wedneday- me and Casey , Ava and Dalton went to Simi to hang with Debbz and her kids again. We also had lunch with my friend Terese and then went to a movie with Uncle David (my baby brother)- we saw Ice Age 2. I am now getting tired and my descriptions of the acitvities are getting less and less detailed. Oh we also saw the Easter Bunny at the Simi mall and I got a picture of that too. Ava was really interested in his Vest- it was sparkly. She is my first baby to not freak out while sitting on either santa's or easter bunnies lap. She was happy as a lark, in a park, after dark, while being nibbled on by a shark, named clark. See I am tired.

After the movie we drove David home then rushed back to my Dads so I could watch my show, which I missed the first 20 minutes or so. Then I made a couple of phone calls to some very important peopel. :-) And then came upstairs to upload some photos and write in my blog.

I am going to finish this for now. Oh btw- Kaitlyn went to American Idol tonight- got to meet all the idols- plus, Paula, Randy and Simon- and she says that Simon is really a nice guy in person
:-) , she had her picture taken with all of them and I will definatly send those out- not sure about posting them on the blog or not. But, you VIPS will be able to see them. And, she was interviewed by Fox News- her and Simon- so we will have to see if she makes the news tonight. She fell asleep shortly after getting home- so I will have her tell me the play by play of the night and post it on my blog.

Well goodnight for now.

No comments: