Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July is flying by

Once again I have been a complete blogger slacker. I cannot believe that July is almost over. That means only 1 month of summer left and it all starts again. Where does the time go?

If I ever start blogging more consistently I won't have to do these long "fill them in" type of posts but that is what I have to do for now. So here we go, in random order...

1. Our dog Gemma passed away suddenly last week. We will never know what happened. She was young and as far as we knew healthy. She was seen playing with our other dog only minutes before we found he dead in the yard. My husband and I even tried CPR. I have been thinking that maybe she was stung by a bee and had an allergic reaction, but that is only a guess. She was the best dog I have ever had. I don't think we could ever have a dog as sweet as her. No offense to our other dog, just how it was.2

2. On the same day our dog died, our cat Pumpkin had kittens....



She had four kittens- 2 orange striped kittens that look like her, 1 lighter beige/orange color and 1 black kitten with some random orange spots- named Gemma after our dog (the kitten was born somewhere in between the time that our dog Gemma died and we found the newest kitten). Sadly, one of the kittens did not make it. I don't know what happened, but one day we came to check on the kittens and one was gone. I am assuming it had died or was dying and mamma kitty took it outside somewhere.

3. Before we knew Pumpkin was pregnant we got another new kitten. We named him Albert Felinestein, but Casey calls him Alfred and won't stop calling him that. So, he has several names. His nick name is Al. Here is a picture of him....


Well I am being interrupted by kids so I will continue this post later.

3 comments:

Anita said...

Oh I miss my orange kitty named Gus Gus!

xo.sorcha.ox said...

I love seeing pictures of people's pets, they make me smile. :) Your cat and kittens are so cute!
I'm so sorry to hear that your dog, Gemma, passed away so suddenly. My dog is my baby and I will be devestated when the day comes for him to pass on...I just hope it's a long, long, LONG time from now!
~S.

(sorcha, Swap-Bot)

Hello said...

thanks for the post, sorry to hear of your dog and one of the baby kittens dying. But i like seeing the pic of the mum cat with the kittens, such a sweet reminder of the circle of life.