Wednesday, June 10, 2009

ABC Letter

I joined this group called swap-bot- and one of the swaps is an ABC pen pal letter- you list all the letters of the alphabet and then for each letter come up with a word and then write something about it that pertains to your life- here is mine.

A – Ava- this is my youngest daughter’s name. She will turn four on the 29th of this month. I cannot believe it’s been four years already. She is my baby, our third and last.
B- Best friends- I really don’t just have one. I have 2 best friends from California- where I grew up- Debbie, who I talk with all the time on the phone and on the computer- and Lisa, who I don’t to quite as much but we always pick up right where we left and can talk for hours when we do talk. As for Best friends in Washington, there are so many great friends I cannot really pick one-
C- Custard. I don’t really know why I thought of that. You know those word association games- you see a word and say the first thing that comes to mind. Well I looked at the letter C and Custard came to mind. I don’t really eat custard a lot but I do like it. The word Custard also makes me think of a General Custard- his name is familiar from something in history but I cannot think of what he was famous or infamous for.
D- Dalton- this is my son. He is my middle child. He turned 9 in May. We are having some trouble with him right now. He has been lying and we just found out he has been stealing from us. We went to the counselors today and hopefully we can get things under control.
E- Elephants- I used to collect elephants. I still like visiting the elephants at the zoo but am not really fascinated by them like I used to be.
F- Facebook- For the longest time I only had a myspace- I joined Facebook but did not really go on there often. Lately I am on facebook all the time. You can find my facebook page under Susan Levy Herman.
G- Garden- last year we planted a garden. I grew zucchini, strawberries, peas, carrots and tomatoes. The Zucchini was really successful. It’s crazy how well it grows. We had lots of it. And they were hugh.
H- Herman- it’s my last name. My maiden name was Levy- I like my married name better. When I was pregnant and in labor with my son the nurse asked what we were going to name the baby and I said we were going to name him Herman, Herman Sherman Herman. She looked at me oddly, and then I said I was just joking.
I- Ice cream – my favorite flavor ice cream is Chocolate Cherry Garcia- I don’t think they make it anymore- they still have cherry Garcia- its good but not the same. I also love Klondike Bars.
J- Jack and Jill- My parents- true story- my parents are Jack and Jill- and when I was little we used to live in a house that had a Hill in the backyard.
K- Kailtyn- this is my oldest child. She is 11 ½ . Kailyn and I have so much fun together. She likes to hang out with me, shop, watch movies, listen to music. She wants to be a musician and actress when she grows up. She has to youtube accounts- http://www.youtube.com/kaitlynsworld- that is mostly her acting site- webshows, etc. Her singing site is … http://www.youtube.com/singgirlysing
L- Lab- we have a black Lab named Gemma. We got her from the shelter and she is the sweetest dog ever. We also have a weiner dog named Joy- we love her but she has been going potty in the house and its driving me crazy.
M- Math- I spent 7 hours doing math today. I am taking Math for elementary teachers as a pre-req for the teaching program I am going to apply for. Today I spent 5 hours finishing the final assignments and 2 hours taking a chapter test. Thursday is my final and I will be so happy to be finished. Math is my worst subject, but so far I am getting an A in the class. I am really proud of myself because I honestly only hoped to get a passing grade- now that I have the A, I want to do well on the final and end the course with an A.
N- Nap- I used to take naps all the time because I was so tired. I am on some medication that is helping me not to be so tired all the time. On the downside it is keeping me up late- Its 12:37 AM and I should be going to bed right now, instead I am filling this out and chatting with a friend on facebook.
O- Occupation- Right now besides homemaker My occupation is substitute teacher. I started subbing in the fall. In my school district I don’t need a degree to be an emergency sub- so besides doing para-educator subbing I have subbed as the actual teacher. By doing this it made it clear to me that I want my occupation to be “school teacher” so once I have the 4 pre-reqs I need I can apply to the BA program and will start that in the fall of 2010.
P- Pie- Up until recently I hated pie. It’s really the crust I did not like- I like pie with the sweeter crusts- last summer I made an apple pie with the apples from our trees. It turned out so good. The problem…. I ate the whole pie.
Q- Queen- I used to have a queen size bed but when my 4 year old was born we traded to a King- I sometimes wish we had the queen again because I feel so far away from my husband sometimes.
R- Reece’s Peanut Butter cups- these are one of my favorite candy bars. I also like Skor Bar’s and Butterfingers. Other candy favorites are Raisonettes and Butter Fingers, this reminds me that I bought candy at Wal-mart tonight. I might just go grab it. 
S- Susan- that is my first name. I don’t go by any nicknames however a few select people can get away with calling me Sue- that is my brothers and Dad, my friend Debbie calls me Suzie. Kids call me mom. 
T- Tea- my favorite tea is Vanilla Chai- I am really more a coffee drinker though. My drink of choice right now is a white chocolate Americano with cream.
U- Umbrella- In Washington State you don’t really use an umbrella. In California if it rains you use an umbrella. It has to be raining especially hard in WA for one to take out an umbrella, or if you are with a child that needs the protection from the wetness.
V- Vet- I think I need to take my cat to the Vet- I am pretty sure she is pregnant and want to get an idea on when the kittens will be here so I can prepare a place for them. We also just got an 8 week old kitten so this will be interesting.
W- Whoppers- I just ate almost a whole box of these candies. That is terrible as they are 180 calories per serving and approx 3.5 servings in a box.
X- X-ray- Saturday night I had to take my 11 year old to the ER because her knee was hurting her- they did an X-ray and nothing was broken- it looked like she pulled a ligament or something so they put her in a knee stabilizer- we were at the ER for over four hours!
Y- Yesterday- yesterday I went to the laundry mat because our dirty clothes pile was piling up. I did loads in the giant washers and 3 regular loads. I stayed and separated them and folded them all. I have not put it all away but that is on my list for tomorrow.
Z- Z key – this is the key on my keyboard that is broken. The actual button is not on the keyboard so I have to stick my little finger into the keyboard when I type that letter, you would not believe how often I need to use that key.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-) I LOVE IT! I might copy it and post it on my blog too!

:-)

Deb

www.deborahdennert.blogspot.com

Anita said...

Hey Susan I didn't know you blogged, now I can read it! I blog too! Mine is Snips and Snails....