Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tuesdays with susan

Hello. Its Tuesday, hence the title of the blog. So, where to start. Well just wanted to update this thing a bit- because I remember making a pledge to keep up to date and never did.

I found a journal that I started for Kaitlyn when she was born- and it was funny, because the first entry started out saying how I was going to keep it up to date, etc... and the next thing you know she is a couple of years old and then the next entry even older and that was it- until like 4 1/2 years or so later.

Well the past week 1/2 has been pretty busy, eventful. My friend Tracy ended up in the hospital from a condition called ITP -I won't go into it but you can look it up on any search engine- basically the body is attacking the platlettes. She got diagnosed last week on Thursday and Sunday went into the ER due to bleeding- and she has been in the hospital since. She is getting better, and hopefully will get this under control. Its a weird condition that does not always have a cause, and could be something she will have to deal with for the rest of her life.

In other news- I have been fighting a head cold. I had joined Tops - www.tops.org, two weeks ago and actually lost almost 3 pounds the first week and then got this cold -which always seems to happen when I start to lose weight. The cold makes me 1- more hungry 2- less active- which, of course spells D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R- to a Diet. Anyhow- I don't even know how I did this week because I could not go to my meeting because Casey was given a new work schedule 12 hour days from 5:30-5:30- with wednesdays off- so he was not home to watch the kids and I did not have time to find a sitter- plus I have this cold- and really did not want to go anyhow.

My Dad and Brenda are coming in two days- and I still need to get the room ready for them and get the house cleaned. I am having a big bbq and pool party for Ava's first birthday and need to get ready for that as well..

Some good news.... we got the pool set up and we got the pea gravel delivered and put in. Now just need to clear off the patio and clean the grill and buy all the food, etc..... Still have not got Ava a present, but after buying the pea gravel I am about to call that her present. LOL. :-)

Dalton started swimming lessons today. Its tues/thurs at 5:20- another thing that frustrates me because I made it at a time when I thought that Casey or I could take him and not have to drag the baby to the pool- well with caseys work schedule that is out as well.. Anyhow- Dalton did really good. First thing you need to know is that the kid hates to have water anywhere near his face, head, etc.... He is highly afraid. I told the teacher and they were really good with him. He did put his face in the water a little bit- I think he did really good for the first lesson. Afterward he was really proud of himself and he said "Mom, the lifeguard didn't even need to jump in and save me"- I was like "did you really think that was going to have to happen", and he said "yes" and he was totally serious. Poor thing.

Well I am going to read some of my new book. I just started it and am already on page 157-its by an author I have never read before- Jasmine Cresswell- its called " The Daughter"

Here is the synopsis-
"Fifteen-year-old Maggie is convicted of her mother;s murder. Maggie's guilty of many things...but not of that. seven years later she escapes from prison.
Maggie Slade has been on the run for seven years now. Seven years of dead-end jobs. Seven years of never forming friendships, never falling in love. Seven years of living without a future because she's a woman with a past.
And then she meets Sean McLeod. A cop. And they fall in love. Only two things can happen- he can turn Maggie in or she can escape again.
Or...they can learn to trust each other. And finda way to prove an archbishop's guilt- and Maggie's innocence.~

Okay sorry- I like to type.

Oh, and in news that noone reading this blog probably even cares about.... Steve(Patch) and Kayla are back on Days -see www.soapoperafan.com/days/index.html

You see- Jenn - thinking Jack is dead (again)- is about to marry former childhood sweetheart Frankie Brady. Jack is very much alive- although believes he is dying (again) - and had planned on letting everyone believe he is dead because he did not want to put his family through the pain of losing him again, again.. Well while in the hospital "dying"- he gets a new orderly - who looks exactly like his dead brother Steve Johnson -Steve- thinks Jack is dillusional- he is not his dead brother - but Jack insists on a DNA test- which proves that they are indeed brothers. Steve has amnesia (of course!) - well Jack trys to convice Steve of who he really is and tells him he should go to salem and have someone tell him how he can reach Kayla (Kayla has been living in L.A. (off the show)- since Steve died- not wanting to come home to salem because of all the memories that are there. Well Guess what.... Kayla has come home to Salem, because her mother asked her to come and talk some sense into Bo and Hope (another story line- )- so..... Steve said he would go to this Salem place, if Jack would go to and tell his family he is still alive, although dying- again.... so Jack agrees and they head to salem. Well Jenn and Frankie are at the church getting married- and Steve and Jack have arrived at the church- coincidence- Jack just wants to say a prayer pryer to seeing his wife.... the wedding is about to beging and Jack is outside the church about to go in.....

So... tomorrow the I do's are said- and right after Jenn and Frankie are pronounced Mr and Mrs Brady who else walks in but Jack! OMG! Jack you are alive.... again.... again....

Kayla is outside the church, in the graveyard visiting her dead husbands grave when low and behold, who should she see... her very much alive, dead husband... Steven Earl Johnson. She faints......

That is all I know. So, really you have to answer me this. If you don't watch Days, and you could really give a rats patootie about all this stuff, why????? Are you still reading this? Please post comments. LOl.

Goodnight.

No comments: