Wednesday, September 06, 2006

September 2006- First day of school and stuff

Since its been a little while since I have updated my blog- thought I would give a quick update.

Last weekend we spent at our friend Susie and Shawns house- at their 2nd annual labor day campout. Quite a few families stayed. Casey and I had to buy a new tent- although we brought 2 with us. Our air mattress was too big. We ended up with a hugh tent- something like 16 x 10 feet. I said now that we have this tent we definatly need to go camping more often. When we go to Mossyrock every year we usually stay in town at a hotel- but next summer I would like to stay and camp. I think we would have more fun, not having to leave to go to the hotel. We shall see. Casey is not really a camper. More of a hotel person.

The kids started school yesterday- and my homework started. I still think I get more homework then they do. I had to fill out two emergency contact cards, sign a few things and look through a stack of papers.

Dalton had a hard time on the first day. First off, he woke up in a grumpy mood. Then I took him to his classroom first, when I had to leave to take Kaitlyn to her room he started to fuss, wanted to come with me ,etc... I finally was able to pry him away from me and said I would come back to say goodbye. I took Kaitlyn to her class, she was like "see ya bye" and I went back to his room. He was very clingy- said his "allergies" were acting up- needed a tissue- he was totally starting to cry :-( I ended up staying a whole hour. I got to sit in circle time- learn the days of the week song, say the pledge, learn about the weather, Dalton is the weather helper this week! Then we got a tour of the school- I did tell him on the way back to his classroom I had to go. He did fine the rest of the day and was happy when he got home.

Last night Kaitlyn and I stopped by the Dance studio to see what kind of classes they had, times, etc... in the lobby we ran into a parent of one of her friends, he told us that his girl was in class right now, Kaitlyn of course wanted to join. So she audited the class and we signed her up. Its called musical theater. So, that is her extra curricular activity.

I am planning on signing Dalton up for indoor soccer.

Casey has been home three days in a row- new days off. Its nice to have him around- but I have not really gotten any sort of schedule set up.

Well I have to finish this later- time to pick up the kids.

No comments: