Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ava Walks!

Happy Thanksgiving weekend.

As you may have noticed from the title of this issue of by blog.... Ava is officially a walker.

About a week ago my friend Susie was watching her and had her "walk" with her everywhere around the house -rather than carrying her room to room, which apparently we did- although I did not think we were actually carrying her alot. She crawled wherever she wanted to go- but we did carry her if we were going to another room like at bed time,etc... Anyhow- we started doing this- making her walk like a "BigGirl" which she apparently likes being called. Then Yesterday I was downstairs and Kaitlyn was upstairs with her and I could here her saying "Walk to sissy come on... big girls walk" and when I went up she could walk. She still perfers to crawl, but was walking enough steps and even turned around once and walked the other way, that I consider yesterday NOVEMBER 25th 2006, the day Ava learned to walk.

You can see a video of it at www.dropshots.com/sherman

As for the rest of the week. We had a nice Thanksgiving. I stayed up late the night before preparing everything that could be done ahead of time. Chopping onions, etc... It really did make the cooking easier on Thursday- but it was still a busy morning. We had a total of 10 including Ava. She loved the food and we got some really cute pictures of her. My favorite is here....


We also celebrated Kaitlyns 9th birthday. I surprised her with the MP3 player that she is using her birthday money to buy. She thought we were going to go at 4am friday morning to buy it, but I went ahead and got it ahead of time. She was so excited. You can see it here....



Thursday night after everyone left we just hung out here with Tracy for awhile. On Friday Tracy came over again and we took Kaitlyn out to the movies for her birthday. We saw "Deck the Halls". After that we rented some movies and came back to the house. Later we went to Walmart and Target. Kaitlyn got a case for her mp3 player and an IDOG- Tracy got some games- and we went back home and played phase 10 and Skipbo until about 11pm. Then I was up until 3 am finishing a present that I was making for someone. Which, I will have to write about more later after that someone has gotten her present. :-)

Saturday I was tired tired tired, of course from being up so late the night before. In the afternoon my Aunt came over and gave Kaitlyn a sewing lesson. They made an adorable birthday apron for her. I will get a picture of it later for you. It's too cute. I can't believe my 9 year old will know how to sew and I won't. I need some lessons too. I went and picked up my cousin Max and we rented a movie- it was dumb. It was a "scary" movie called Cavern. Bad acting, worse plot. Sorry if anyone reading this is the author or producter of that movie. LOL. Or if its someones absolutely alltime favorite flick. :-) I ended up going to bed last night about 6:30pm. You know, "I am just going to take a little rest"- and now its morning. But I am usually not out of bed at this time.

So, for today. We woke up to a blanket of white outside our window. Yup- SNOW- for those of you in the tropical region of California or Arizona, :-) C'est Burrrrr. Thats French for its cold- Actually I believe its french for It's.....and English for Burrr.... So, the normal plan for a sunday is church- we will see if we are giong to brave it. I personally do not like driving in the snow- but since Casey is home maybe we can have him drive. Usually its really snowy in our neighborhood, but once we are out on the main streets its fine. But, we probably should give ourselfs extra time.

With that, I am going to go upstairs and see about breakfast and start getting ready. Kaitlyn is practicing her sewing, Dalton is watching her. Ava and Casey are still upstairs- maybe he got her back to sleep. Although I doubt it.

Have a good rest of the weekend. Enjoy the sun if you have it. :-) Think warm thougts for me.

No comments: