Its almost the end of July 2007. I have about 20 minutes left on my clock. I cannot believe this summer is going by so fast.
Well- I really do want to keep up to date on this blog more- even if I am the only one reading it. After all that was the point.... for me to keep a journal to be able to look back on.
So.... since I don't have the time right now or the energy to reflect back on the month. I reflect forward on next month.
I am committing to praying for my husband. Yikes! Scary, I know. My relationship with my husband has been strained to say the least, especially the past few months. But, other than complain I have done nothing to make it better. I know "I" cannot fix it, but I can give my marriage to the only one who can and that is the Lord.
Well I found this nifty 31 day guide for praying for your husband, what better time than at the beginning of a new month. The link to the page is...
http://www.reviveourhearts.com/pdf/prayingforyourhusband.pdf
I also have this book that my friend Debbie (the greatest) gave me called Becoming a Woman of Prayer by "Cynthia Heald". The first scripture referenced in the first chapter is Jeremiah 29:11-14- which says (NLT) "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you" says the LORD. ...
How awesome is that- Here is a promise from God that ...
1) he has plans for good for us
2) if we pray he WILL listen
3) if we seek him in earnest we WILL find him
Another book I am reading is "The UNusual suspect" by Stephen Baldwin- I am about half way through it and its excellent- its non-fiction- about his life. Its a really good read- highly recommended.
Okay- that is it my friends. I am going to bed.
Tomorrow I am working with the other moms on my MOPS steering team to paint some of the rooms we use at the church that hosts our MOPS group. We went today and got quite a bit done.
Peace!
Love,
Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment