Sunday, August 05, 2007

It's AUGUST!

Well this week zoomed by. Crazy. I cannot believe it.

Last week I spent three days helping my MOPS group with painting at the church we meet at. The first two days I helped paint and the the third day I helped watch kids. Someone got the brilliant idea most of the way through the first day to take the kids somewhere OTHER than the building we were painting so that we could get more done in less time, with less interuptions. Too bad it was not thought of sooner. But it worked out great and everyone worked together as a team and we accomplished ALOT. I was glad to get some painting practice, even if I am still sore. I have a few rooms in my house I have been wanting to paint. Okay so all of them.

So besides those days what else is new.....

My TOPS group is breaking up :-( - we have decided that our group is too small and we are just not getting what we need from it. It looks like half our group is going to a Wednesday meeting, and the other half another Monday night meeting. I would go to the Wednesday but Casey has drill with the fire department that night- so either I quit alltogether or go to Mondays- so it looks like that is what I will do for now. I have kind of hit a plateau with the weight loss thing- and although I feel sooooo much better with the weight that I have lost- I still have a bit to go and need the encouragement and accountability.

Casey is loving his new job. Praise the Lord. I am on day five of praying for him.
:-) I have to tell you, that Satan is a sneaky little devil- (pun intended)- sorry- but really he is. On day one of praying for Casey he came home and said something that reminded me of something he said when he had the first job after losing his 9 year job- and it just made me so frustrated and furious with him, and I was thinking "why is this happening again!"- when things were starting to get better and I thought Finally things were going to work out... well it hit me, DUH! I am PRAYING for my husband- that can actually cause our relationship to be better, we could grow closer to eachother and more importantly to God- when else would Satan try to worm his way into the situation by distracting me from what God has called me to do. I could have easily said "Forget this praying thing, I am mad at Casey, I am not going to Pray for him" - Well GOTCHA- I did not fall for it this time. So Praise the Lord, I am still praying for Casey- not perfectly- of course, since NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.... I sometimes even forget to pray until the last minute- the other night- I think it was night 2 I was at my friends and it was close to the end of the day and I asked her to go online so I could see what day two said to pray for- and get this, ( I had not read ahead)- what it said to pray for was something that I HAD prayed for him that morning- since I had gotten frustrated with him the night before about the thing he said regarding his work- it had to do with a possible miscommunication and me be frustrated that he could not tell when someone was just joking with him or not- but anyhow- I prayed that morning that the Lord would give him wisdom. And what did day two say you ask? (well I don't really know if anyone is reading- but if I were reading I would ask...) Okay, so it said....

Day 2
Pray that your husband’s relationship with God and His Word will bear fruit in his life. Pray that he will be a man of wisdom and understanding, fearing the Lord. (Prov. 3:7, 9:10; Ps. 112:1)

Isn't that cool. I love when God does stuff like that.

Alrighty then- what else- it has been a long week. I think I said that- or did I say it went fast- well it was both :-)

Ava update: Of course she is getting bigger and cuter every day- if possible for her to be even cuter. But she is. Okay so the newest cute thing. You know the game we play with kids, "where is your nose, where is your eyes, mouth, ears... etc.." they love it, its silly, we know it, they know it. Well so a few days ago I was like "where is your nose" and instead of pointing to her nose she scrunches it up and kind of blows with it, then I was like "Where are your eyes" and she closes her eyes really tight and then opens them, and I was like "Where is your mouth" and she opens her mouth really wide- HILARIOUS- I also asked where her ears were and you could tell she was trying to get them to move without touching them, but then she finally would point to them. I really need to video tape her doing this- she won't always do it though- she gets tired of performing..... and speaking of performing.....

I don't know if I blogged it but Kaitlyn was in a play. She was the Farmer Munchkin in the play "Wizard of Oz" done by Missoula Childrens theater. She had quite a few lines for the kids in her age group- she also was in the local newspaper and had a quote. Here is a picture of my little munchkin.




I wish I remembered what I blogged about, if I would blog daily I would probably be able to remember more- or it would not matter because I would know I already blogged everything up to that point.

So, in tv land I have just two summer shows that are must watch. Those are The 4400 and Big Brother 8. I am so into that show- it takes up three days a week. If you follow the show tonight made me so mad. They have this AMERICAS PLAYER , Eric- and he has to do what America (that is us the public) tell him to do- so last week he votes for Kail to leave- when he was supposed to vote for Nick- well Nick leaves anyhow- but it makes someone look like a liar- because everyone in that little group was supposed to vote Nick out- well then some IDIOT- flys a banner over the big brother house while the players are outside doing the HOH competition and tips everyone off that ERIC is up to no good- Well its NOT ERICS fault- the show picked him to be Americas Player- he WANTED Nick gone- he would have voted for Nick- well two players are totally onto him now- and and are angling to get him out- just makes me mad because he is pretty much a pawn in all of this. Okay that is my vent to YOU my imaginary public. :-)

I saw a few movies this week. On Video was "Premonition" staring Sandra Bullock- okay movie, Lame ending. Just pointless to me, did not really explain anything, Very Frustrating. Best part of the movie... .The Gag reel. It was hilarious, here you have this spooky, freaky, type of movie and then a funny Gag reel, outtakes kind of thing. Almost worth the rent for that alone. And in theaters near you.... " I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry" Very Funny! Some of it was Wrong, just Wrong- but its Adam Sandler and you get what "you get and you don't throw a fit"... .Well that is what my kids Kindergarden teacher said anyhow.

How was my weekend? Thanks for asking. Yesterday we went to a bbq at my friend Debbies house- That is (Debbie the Nicest person in the whole wide world)- not to be confused with (Debbie the Greatest)- anyhow it was fun- Casey and I and the kids and a few other families. We played some Bochi ball (sp)- and then played a game called "Psychologist", but we renamed it "Dr. Phil"- its pretty funny- One player leaves the room and the others decide together what their "Issue Is"- then the player comes back in and they are IT- the Psychologist- or Dr Phil in this case and he/she asks yes or no questions to the other players to try to figure out their condition. It is really funny.

Today was church. We actually All went, sometimes Casey will stay home with the kids if someone is not feeling well or does not want to get up, or any other lame excuse- cause there really shouldn't be. Anyhow- we all went. I was in the nursery so did not get to hear the sermon, but the worship was great. After church we daydreamed about moving (something we eventually want to do- buy a new house)- so Casey told me about one house for sale and we drove to it- its vacant but no paperwork- so no clue on the price- it was really cute though- of course. I did write the number down and might call just for curiousity sake. We looked a few other places and then came home. Then Ava Threw up all over the stairs. Not sure what is going on there- she threw up again about 10 minutes later. Then she has been okay since- not even in a grumpy mood. She ate dinner and seems fine so far. I am not sure if it was something she ate or not.

So, now its 11pm- I think I will go to bed. But before that I will post what is coming up this week/month.

Tomorrow is the last TOPS meeting at our current chapter, we are having a potluck- which means I need to get something to make tomorrow. I probably need to do a little shopping and I know I need to do lots of cleaning. I told Dalton last night he needs to work on not leaving dirty dishes in his room and in the living room. So, we shall see how that goes.

Tuesday night is my Stampin' UP! training type of meeting thingy at my neighbors- I need to make a card or project and then prep enough material to share- I hope I can come up with something cute- everyone else is so creative. Tuesday night is also Big Brother- Power of Veto- who will win- will Eric go up on the block????? Is the suspence getting to you.

The rest of the week is clean clean and clean.

Saturday Nana Bren is coming! Her flight arrives at 5:10- so its hi ho hi ho its to the airport I go. It will probably be me and Kaitlyn and we LOVE going to the airport and singing the airport drive that never ends song- it goes like this...."It's the airport drive that never ends, lalalala, It just goes on and on my friend, la la la la, WHEN WE started driving it we didn't know what it was, but well continue driving it forever just because, its the airport drive that never ends, lalalala, it just goes on and on my friend, la la la la, When we started driving it we didn't know what it was ,but well continue driving it forever just because......." You get it huh? Cause we keep going around and around until our party arrives- Because.... There is NO parking or Waiting on the airport drive and anyone caught parking or waiting on the airport drive will be ticketed. This is serious stuff man, those airport security people DO NOT mess around.

So, Sunday its Nana land- through Wednesday- when Nana takes Kaitlyn back to California with her and kaitlyn stays for three weeks. On the 17th of August I go on a MOPS retreat! and Come home on the 18th- not a long retreat- but should be fun. On the 25th is my neighbors annual Croquet party- I am looking forward to that. Then in September its our friends 3rd annual labor day backyard campout- and then my Dad brings Kaitlyn home on the 5th and Casey and I head to Oregon for our 10th anniversary/honeymoon (since we never had one).

Alright- that is it- in a rather large nutshell. So I am going to bed.

Goodnight.

No comments: