Wednesday, December 12, 2007

December Blog

Wow- I noticed I have not updated my blog in some time. I will have to take some time to see what I actually wrote about in the last blog and see what needs updating. Not sure if that is going to happen or not. But its a nice though, huh?

Anyhow- thought I would, in honor of Christmas and the end of 2007, list 25 things about this past year....

1. My New Years goal was.... In bed by 11 in 2007- That did not last very long.

2. I started homeschooling the kids in April of 2007- Kaitlyn is still homeschooling, Dalton went back to school a few weeks into this school year.

3. Our Cat Toby died :-(

4. We got a new kitten- Miley- (prior to Toby dying)

5. Ava poops in the potty

6. I lost quite a bit of weight :-)

7. I have started to gain some of the weight back :-(

8. I started selling Stampin' Up!

9. We took a family vacation to Disneyland! (Ava's first time)

10. Casey lost his job of 9 years.

11. After 2 other jobs, Casey finally got hired at Corliss- Third time is a charm- he is loving his new job.

12. I painted my bedroom - (and spilt 1/2 gallon of pink pain on the floor)

13. We are getting new floors and carpet (its half way done- yay)

14. I became the MOPS discussion Group Coordinator

15. I filled out countless surveys on myspace

16. I went on a Womens Retreat

17. I discovered several new musical groups that I like

18. My Dad and Bren came for a visit

19. I went to a Christmas tea with my Aunt

20. We got two Rats (pets)

21. We were given a pet Hermit Crab

22. I got to watch my friend Susie give birth to her daughter Lucy (by the way these are not listed in any particular order- this is WAY more exciting then lets say number 20. )

23. Casey and I FINALLY went on a Honeymoon as we celebrated our 10th Anniversary

24. I found out my Dentist left the practice ( I am really sad about this)

25. I realized its hard to come up with 25 things that happened in 2007 and that is pretty sad. :-(


Alrighty then. Thats it for that.

In other news, as mentioned we are finally getting new flooring. We are having laminate put in the living room and hall and new carpet in all bedrooms, the stairs and all of downstairs. The upstairs is pretty much done and looks sooooo nice. I put the furniture back in all the bedrooms and put the Christmas tree up and decorated the living room and it looks so nice. The main thing upstairs that needs done now is cleaning the kitchen and dining room- which was where all the things went while the floor was getting done in the other rooms (these rooms were done in wood about 2 1/2 years ago)- then I need to clean the bathrooms.

The rest gets finished on Saturday. So, in the next few days I need to finish clearing everything out of the family room and Kaitlyns room- and then put everything back. Neatly!

In an ideal world, my plan is to use this as a starting point to keeping on task and organized. I have gotten rid of a lot of stuff, but have lots more to go through and get rid of. My garage is packed. I hope to take 1/2 hour a night to go through things one box at a time. Start a project and finish it.

Okay, I am beat, plus have a cold and a busy week. Tomorrow is our MOPS Christmas party.

I hope to post more often.

Does anyone read this? :-)

Susan

No comments: