Thursday, January 12, 2006

3,2,1..... Blast off!

That is what Dalton was saying as we were waiting for the plane to take off. I had to explain it was an airplane not a rocket ship. Well we decided earlier this week to take an impromtu trip to California to visit my Dad and Brenda and my friend and other family. Alaska was having a web special that I could not pass up. We left this morning at 6am. That was when our flight left. We left the house at 3:45am! I did not even go to sleep last night because by the time I was getting near done packing and stuff it was past midnight. I knew that if I went to sleep it would be worse. The flight was smooth, we were ahead of schedule. Ava slept the whole flight. Kaitlyn was pretty mellow and Dalton was Dalton. Fidgety and messing with the arm rest and seat tray. Wanting to get up and go to the bathroom a million times. Fun stuff like that.

My dad met us at the airport (LAX) and we headed toward sherman oaks. Dalton said he felt like he was going to throw up and then he did. Yuck. I had him grab Ava's blanket and use that because it was the only thing handy. We then went out to lunch and he seems fine. I think it was just the excitement of getting up so early, and he was probably tired and maybe a bit car sick.

We got to my Dads house and Ava and i tried to nap while my Dad took the kids to Bren's work. Dalton came back with my Dad and woke us up. Then Ava woke up grumpy and cried for quite awhile. I had never seen her act like that before, but she mellowed out and is fine now. I was up for awhile with her and then laid back down and got a really good nap.

Well I have to go watch a show really quick so I will save this and finish posting later.

Alright I am back. Its now Friday night. So, last night I watched some shows and went to bed around 11pm. Today we woke up and got dressed, went to Mcdonalds for breakfast. I went down the slide in the play area with Dalton. It was pretty scary. I thought the climb up would never end. And the slide was one of those enclosed curvy ones. I slid fast. After that Brenda, the kids and I went to LA to visit her daugther Deborah. We got to see her work loft and then went to this fashion mall area- we found this clothes store where everything was 4.99 and under- really nice clothes. I bought myself two shirts and a skirt and got Kaitlyn a really cute purse. Bren got a nice jacket and some pants which had the label "Brenda", on them. After that we went to meet one of Bren's friends who had some "American Idol" stuff for Kaitlyn -her son is the creator of the show. After that we went to the grocery store and then back to the house where we attempted to take a little nap. None of us really got any sleep. Then we went out with a big group of people to a chinese restauraunt to celebrate Brendas birthday. Then we came home and now I just got Ava and Dalton to sleep and I am going to sleep as well.

The plan for tomorrow is going "western bagel" for breakfast and then I am taking Ava and Dalton to simi valley to go to my friend Debbz house- because she is having a la leche get together. That is from 4-6pm and after that I am going to get together with my friend Leese.

Sunday, Bren the kids and I are going to the swap meet and then the kids and I are going to Simi Valley to visit friends. We are going to spend the night there and then hang out monday and then come back to my Dads. Sometime during all this I am supposed to try to see a movie with Brenda and possibly with my Dad but now that I am writing all of this I really don't know when we are going to fit it all in. :-)

Alright that is my update for now. I probably won't update again until I get home and then I will try to post some pictures.

No comments: