my friend Debbie (the greatest) wrote on her blog that since I said I resolved to keep my blog more up to date that she was going to do so as well. And you know what? She has. While I on the other hand have not written in a whole what????? 6 days! LOL. Well even once a week is better than once a month or once a year, or once in a blue moon.
So, my year.... so far this year I have managed to accomplish not much. We are already 6 days into it. What is with me. I have managed to stay up too late every night. Since its 10:19 pm and I am not planning on going to bed just yet I guess I am being consistent. I do have to run upstairs for another diet pepsi.
Okay now that, that is taken care of. :-) Lets see. Whats new....
Kaitlyn moved downstairs. We have a split level with three bedrooms up and one down. She finally agreed (she was scared) to move downstairs so that Ava could have a room for her stuff. She has been down there since new years. She has done great. Her only request is that I am downstairs until she falls asleep- which is not really a problem since that is the time I go on the computer.
Ava is six months. I still don't have her "stats" on hand. The papers are in the car. I think she is about 15.5 pounds- she is still tall (long) for her age. She is getting cuter every day- if that is possible. She is such a fun loving little girl. She has a great since of humor. She is saying da-da, and sometimes ma- but usually the mamama sound comes when she crys. The other day both Casey and I heard her say her name. Casey said Ava and she said Ava, and I turned around and Casey said " did you hear that" and I said " did she just say Ava" and he said "yes". She had a wonderful first christmas and loved all her presents. :-) She got everything she asked Santa for. That is one of the reasons we needed a free room for Ava. For all her stuff. She is still sleeping with us. We never did buy her a crib and I really don't see a point in it. I have the queen bed in her room without the frame, so for naps I have been laying down with her until she falls asleep and then just pillows around her- even if she fell off the bed she is so close to the ground already she would be fine. So, as she gets older she can just lay in there until she is ready for her own bed. She still really likes just being with mom and dad. She has started some solid foods. Rice cereal, some fruits and veges. She loves squash and green beans.
I am going to try to have a successful Ebay business selling used books on ebay. Last week I made about $100- profit selling books I had bought at the thrift store. I have quite a few books ready to be listed now. I have done research on which books sell so I know what to look for and how much to pay for a book to make a profit. I am enjoying this. When my Dad and Brenda were here last time we went to the thrift store and they had "all the books you can fit in a bag for 50 cents" I got a lot of books from that, which is sadly over now. The books are now 25cents each. I also found out that the thrift store had a sister store and they have tons of books, always can find a good deal.
I have lots of goals, plans, etc... for this upcoming year, decade, my life. Mainly I want to be deliberate about what I do and do not do. I would like to have a plan, a purpose,etc... I am reading a book called "the managers of their homes"- written by homeschooling parents, regarding the importance of scheduling. It talks about having a detailed schedule for each day, and for each person in the family. I like this idea but I always want everything perfect before starting something. My house needs to be organized first. But I need to pray about this and then just start.
I of course have weight loss goals, parenting goals, business goals. I really need to sit down and come up with a plan. Instead of writing about it which I am doing now. So, I will stop. :-)
Anyhow- summary of my week,
monday- kids back in school. Ava and I came home and she took a nap. I got some dishes done and then watched tv. Time to pick up the kids.
tuesday- took Kaitlyn to school, me and the other kids went to playgroup at the community center- came home and put kids down for a nap and watched tv. Casey came home and I went and picked up Kaitlyn from school. I went to a leadership meeting for church.
wednesday- kids in school. went to bible study at noon. Came home and picked the kids up from school. Went to the thrift store. Went home. Casey had drill. I don't remember what else happened.
thursday- Kaitlyn school- I was really tired this day. Poor Dalton. He played by himself while Ava and I napped until almost 1 in the afternoon. I picked Kaitlyn up from school and we spent about 45 minutes together, mommy/daughter time. We went to this little cafe and had a piece of cake and she had cocoa and I had a diet soda. Went home. Casey had a class. I stayed up too late- watched ER which I have not watched for a long time so I was kind of clueless about what was going on.
friday (thats today)- kids to school. Ava and I took a nap (hmmm seems like a pattern here)- woke up and Ava stayed asleep for another 1/2 hour or so and I read the book on setting a schedule. She woke up and we had lunch and watched tv (my soap). Daddy came home. I went and picked up the kids, we went to the post office and to the library. Came home. Decided to go buy pizza for dinner. Got pizza, came home again. Ate dinner. Put Dalton to bed, played disney princess monopoly and Guess who with Kaitlyn. Fed Ava. Tucked Kaitlyn in. Got online and here we are now.
Alirghty if you are still with me, thanks for listening. :-) I am off.
No comments:
Post a Comment