Monday, September 19, 2005

The cat and stuff....

Alright its been a few days- okay weeks since I have posted :-) The other day I posted a picture of old cat/new cat. Well here is the story.

We arrived at church yesterday- on time:-) and there were people standing around outside with a kitty. The kitty had followed them around the parking lot and tried to jump in several people's cars. I thought kitty was so cute and thought I would keep it- well the more I thought about it I worried it could belong to someone and they would miss the kitty if it did not come home. So, I told my kids that if it was still outside after church we would think about taking it. Well guess what... it was still outside. We were also told it had been out there since about 8am ish- now it was noonish- so short story long- we took kitty home, named her tabitha- tabi for short- now we have boy kitty toby and girl kitty tabi- I bought collars for both of them and had name tags made with our phone number in case they ever get ouside. Now I have to take tabi to the vet for shots and to see if she has been fixed- toby is already fixed so we do not need to worry about kittens unless tabi gets out.

In other news.... I got a job! Yes thats right you heard it here. Its a part time job as moppets coordinator for a local MOPS group. If you do not know it is "Mothers of Preschoolers" a group for moms to get together and have some well.. mom time. The moppets program is for the kidlets to go while moms have their time. It is my job to coordinate all the workers, make sure there are enough teachers in each room, come up with a curriculum and basically be the run around girl to make sure everything goes smoothly. Today was my frist day. It went pretty well being that I have not done this before and did not have anytime after accepting the position to prepare anything for the first day. They meet pretty much every other monday- from 9am-12noon- I bring Ava with me. They have a nursery she can go with or she can just hang with me in her front pack carrier. She did both today.

Diet news- not going so well. I am not sure really why but I am finding that I am having a hard time being motivated really. It's like I don't care enough. I mean I think about it enough (being over weight) and talk about it all the time- so obviously it is important to me, but just has not reached that "important enough" stage. I was going to weight watchers thursday nights- then found a monday morning meeting I liked and now that I have this job cannot go on monday mornings- or at least not on work days- so for this week I think I am going to go tomorrow and just take Dalton with me since its his off school day and see how that goes. I have 2 meetings left that are prepaid and then I need to evaluate whether or not I am going to continue to pay $12 a week for a program that I am not really following- when I can follow it for free on my own if I want and just not have the support of the meetings, weigh ins, etc.... I could also join online and try it that way since apprently weighing in and being accountable is not doing it for me.

Housecleaning???? Lets not even go there. :-) well I have to go there sometime this week either today or tomorrow because my older brother is coming for a visit on Thursday from California. I don't really have to clean for him, he knows where I get my housecleaning skills- or lack there of from- this sounds vaguley familiar I must have written this before :-) . Anyhow- but I want it semi-clean for him, at least have all the clean laundry off the guest bed.

Ava- is getting big- I have some more pictures to post from the last time we had pictures taken.

That is my update for now because its 11pm and I need to get some sleep.

No comments: