Sunday, May 18, 2008

How does my garden grow?

I have wanted to start a vegetable garden for some time now.

At qarage sale this weekend I found these strawberry starter plants for 75 cents each. I also found a nice planter box for $1. So, I bought some potting soil and planted those. Then I bought some tomato plants. I started to chop down a tall prickly berry bush to plant the tomatos in that spot, but eventually had to have Casey get the rest of the bush and roots out- then I decided I wanted a bigger place to plant- and ended up moving some wood around that was edging the yard- and came up with a rectangle area. There was grass there so I asked Casey to did the grass up. He said he would do it tomorrow- Which is today.

So, today I got home from church and Casey had it dug out. Tomorrow he is getting top soil from work and I can plant my tomatos and find some other yummy veges to plant.

Here are some pictures.

My srawberry's


Here is will the garden will be- see the wood- in between those two beams the grass is now gone- Will post more pictures later. Oh- and to the left of those wood beams next to the fence is about the same size bush as well cut down.

These are my tomato plants- waiting to be planted.

No comments: