Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas meme

A Christmas meme
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them, of course.

3. Colored light on house/tree or white? Colored

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the week after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? excluding dessert?? I don't know.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I don't really have a favorite memory but I do have a few memories that stand out. One was when I was about 10- there was a present that I thought was for me and unwrapped- it was a giant stuff hello kitty pillow- I was so excited and then someone said that it was for my 2 year old brother and I felt so embarrased for getting so excited about it. The other was I think an Easter gift that my mom hid in some dish on the mantle, under Easter Graass- I peeked to see what was in there and they were strawberry shortcake figurines- I felt so guilty about that and then had to act surprised when I got them. I really wish I still had those because they would sell good on Ebay.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Don't remember when- I know in elementary school- it was my older brother Dan and I was pretty upset.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I let the kids open one- and its always pajamas.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have all different kinds of ornaments- I let the kids put them on in any order they want.

11. Snow. Love it or dread it? I love to look at it, through a window. Dread driving in it and can't stand being out in it for very long.

12. Can you ice skate? I used to be able to. Still can a little- but being overweight makes it much harder on the ankles.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with family and remembering what we are celebrating- Birth of Christ.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Most anything

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Everything really- just the fact that we have tradition- I did not really have a lot of tradition when I was growing up. I love that we do the same things each year.

17. What tops your Christmas tree? An angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving definitely!

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? "How Many Kings" from Downhere- may not be considered a traditional "Christmas" song- but to me it is.

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Yum

21. What do you want for Christmas? Just for it to be an enjoyable time.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Yes- my church usually has a women's Christmas event.

23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ’s? Casual.

24. Do you own a Santa hat? No

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? My kids & husband, In-laws, Church family

No comments: