Well its Ava's first 4th of July- no plans cause she's so little and mamma is just not ready yet- luckily lots of people around us light off fire works so we get quite a show just from our big window or our back deck. I am thinking of having Casey go and get some hot dogs and buns- chips-etc... so we can have our own little bbq- celebration- just to not lose that festive feeling of the day. Ava has a little onsie that has a flag on it that I can put her in and get a cute picture.
Ava slept so much yesterday- I know newborns sleep alot but it almost had me worried. But she is fine. She actually slept 5 hours last night- from about 12:15am-5:ish- and prior to that she was asleep from about 7:30pm-11pm when I had to wake her up- to eat. She nursed for the 1 hr and 15 minutes she was up and then went back to sleep. I wish I could have slept the 5 hours straight- but I was up using the potty about every hour and I am still having some pretty intense bad dreams that wake me up- not sure if they are from the medication or not. I am weaning myself off the pain meds- went from 2-1 every four hours of the oxycotine and 1 ibuprofin every 6 hours- still taking the ib. but I actually was due for the oxy at 8:30am and its 9:12am and I have not taken it yet and feel okay. I just took a nice shower- and that is always helpful. Ava is upstairs asleep with daddy. When she next wakes up to eat I will need to have him get up and start interacting with the other kids. Its not fair that they are just kind of hanging around keeping themselves occupied. Dalton needs help cleaning his room and I might have Casey take the kids to the park or something fun for them.
Dalton said something cute the other day- I had some visitors over and was about to feed Ava and Dalton said "mom needs to milk the baby"- :-) I was like "it's more like she milks me, but we call it nursing the baby".
Tomorrow is Ava's first check up with the doctor at 10am. It will be interesting seeing how it is getting everyone up and dressed and out the door. I would take her myself if I was allowed to drive yet- but since I can't we all need to go.
Alright- I am going to add some more pictures to this now. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment