That is how Dalton answered the phone tonight. It was funny because usually he answers "hello" - you know the way you are supposed to answer a phone :-) but then he hands me the phone and I ask who it is and he never knows so I told him "you need to ask who it is"- Well he got it half right. LOL.
It was pointed out to me by an avid reader of my blog- you know who you are :-) that "people" are leaving comments totally unrelated to my blog. I believe this is spam and it just automatically searches for certain words in blogs and then puts a pre-generated comment in with a link to their site which usually is selling something. I added some security measures to cut out some of the spam posts and have deleted some of the posts that were offensive in nature-. Anyhow thanks for pointing those out.
Well I did not get as much accomplished as I had hoped but did some stuff that was not on the this for today: Here is the list again and what I completed:
1. wake up at a decent hour - This I did
2. learn how to use espresso machine- This I did too- yummy
3. get the laundry that is in the spare room put away (weed out clothes that don't fit kids anymore)- This did not get done
4. spend some time on my control journal - Did a little bit of this
5. update my blog :-)- What are you reading now huh smarty pants :-)
6. balance my check book- This I did - pat on the back
7. check and see what bills are due- Not done yet
8. tidy my desk- Nope
9. get the kitchen cleaned- ummmm I did the dishes
10. ice cream social at kids school- find out Kaitlyns 2nd grade teacher and meet Daltons kindergarden teacher. - This was done
I forgot to tell about the yahoo group I joined. It kind of follows flylady http://www.flylady.net
(should I let her know I plug her on my blogs :-)
But anyhow- this lists assigns points to different tasks- make a bed 5pts, clean a zone 75 pts- etc and so forth. Anyhow you keep track of your points, they email you special bonus challenges etc... It motivates me. I like points- like weight watchers kind of. But with WW I can only have so many points. With this I want to get lots of points. I can set point goals and reward myself (not with food).
This morning I made point charts for the kids and they were doing different tasks too. Kaitlyn cleaned the bathroom and picked up the living room and unloaded the dishwasher. Dalton cleaned his room, swept the kitchen floor, put dirty laundry in the basket and collected cups and cans from downstairs. This is a good system except that now anytime I ask them to do something they ask "how many points do I get" :-)
Well when Dalton cleaned his room he came upon a gross bug- the kind that show up when a rooms not all the clean. Not sure what it was but I don't like um. So, I vacumed his floor, got the edges, moved his bed, cleaned under his bed, changed his sheets and rearranged his furniture. It looks really nice in there now.
The ice cream social was fun. Both kids teachers seem really nice. Kaitlyn is actually excited to start school, which is a blessing because she has been having anxiety about school and really was not looking forward to it. Now she said she cant wait. yay! I signed up to be a helper in Dalton's classroom for an hour on monday mornings. Kaitlyns teacher said she will have a sign up sheet for her class on Parents night. I am happy that I am a sahm mom now and can be active in this part of their lives. I am even thinking of joining the PTA- harper valley watch out (okay some of you won't get that- but trust me its funny).
Well I need to try to get in bed before 10pm and its 9:39 now- I need to point my ta da's on my new yahoo group.
So.... here is tomorrows to do list....
1. wake up at a decent hour (hey didn't I just do that today)
2. make a latte
3. tackle that clothes pile
4. get kids outfits ready for school thursday and friday
5. bible study at noon
6. home groups at 6:30 pm ( don't stay past 8:30pm)
7. really clean the kitchen
8. vacume living room/hall way
okay I am thinking :-) that is all I am going to put down for now.
Got three new dvds from netflix today- muppets in oz- it was okay- kind of boring for me- but the kids seemed interested, Ava and Casey fell asleep.
I also got Star Wars episode 1 since Dalton wants to see it- maybe will watch it tomorrow. And I got "alot like love" I will watch that later- mommy movie.
I would point my weight watcher points but I did not really keep tally although I don't think I exceeded them or anything like that.
okay- goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment