Monday, June 13, 2005

Update-long

Ooops! I just found my blog.... not that it was lost- I just forgot about it- or something like that. Not really sure. Anyhow- last I posted I had just found out that we were pregnant with #3. It seemed "so far away" and now.... I am due in 1 week! It actually still feels far away! LOL. Most of all because the other two were 2 weeks late- and I had to be induced. I am praying that this baby will come on its own- but so far no real signs of that happening. I have my 39 week appointment tomorrow. Last week I was not dialted at all which was discouraging because about 2 weeks prior to that my doctor said I was 1-2cm- but when a different doctor checked last week she said I was closed! :-( My doctor- Dr. McDonald- is now on maternity leave! When I went in for my first OB visit I found out we were both pregnant- at first- we thought our due dates were the same- but it turned out that I was not as far along as we thought -she was due about 2 weeks before me- but she had her baby a week early- brat! :-)
So, I am seeing her partner- but my doctor still plans on delivering my baby although she is not officially back to work until September. I hope she can make my delivery since she was there for the other two.
As noted in the first post about this baby- we did it! We went the entire 9 months without finding out the sex! I have a feeling its a boy- Casey thinks its a girl. I have a poll going with some friends and so far out of all the responses its something like 6-2 girl. or something like that. I still think its a girl. Names have changed a bit. Girl is just Ava Jill (dropped the leigh) , and the boy name is now Cohen Patrick. Patrick is Caseys middle name- and by using Cohen they will have the same initials.

In other news.... I did lose my job in November. At this point I don't plan to return to work. We were very worried last month about finances- Caseys OT was stopped and my unemployment ran out. We decided to refinance, and sign papers tomorrow. It pays off our cars and lowers our mortgage so it looks like we are going to be okay. Its a five yr fixed arm- so in five years we will need to do something different. Either refinance again or sell the house. We discussed this- I still would rather have a different style house- perferably a rambler or a two story where all the bedrooms are upstairs and the living space/kitchen is on the bottom. Our current house is a split level and the kitchen/living room and three bedrooms are upstairs and downstairs we have a family room/laundry room and 4th bedroom. Right now none of the older kids will move downstairs- and so the baby cannot have its own room! I really would have liked to do a nursery.

Well I need to go make lunch now. Dalton has some testing to take at the elementary school, they say they are testing all kids entering kindergarden in the fall to see 1) if they need help in the summer 2) to redo their program. That is at 12:30pm. I also have an appointment at the fire station to install our carseat- for the baby- its a new "latch" system and I just want to make sure that we have it in correctly. Then at 4pm we sign papers for the loan. So busy day!

I plan to use this blog to keep kind of a diary- a list of accomplishments through out the day. Like today I got my check book balanced and paid the bills! So, its partly for me... but also a way friends can check and see what I have been up to. Alright thats all for now folks.

Bye bye.

No comments: